Monday, December 5, 2011

December 5

Day 5 Advent activity: Get out and read our Christmas books.This was an easy one. All I had to do was go into the basement and pull our Christmas books out of a box. Then we spent some time reading them this morning. We'll keep them out now and hopefully continue reading them until Christmas. I'm thinking I want to add a new book to our collection this year...any suggestions on good children's Christmas books??

I'm not sure I could have handled anything more complex today. I was up with Audrey most of the night last night, as she was crying and complaining of an earache and was pretty much hysterical most of the night. I have never seen her like that before, and I know she has never spent that much time awake in the middle of the night before. We were both exhausted today.

The nice thing about having a sick three year old is that she can tell you exactly what is wrong (unlike a sick baby/toddler who cries and cries and you just have to guess at what is bothering them). Audrey kept saying over and over again that her right ear hurt. Daniel took her to the doctor first thing this morning. Sure enough, she had a bad ear infection in her right ear. So the doctor gave us an antibiotic, and we've been rotating the ibuprofen and tylenol with Audrey today. Though she was very tired, her ear seems to be feeling better. We'll see what happens tonight.




0 comments:

Post a Comment