Saturday, December 3, 2011

December 3

Advent Activity Day 3: Put ornaments on the Christmas tree.

According to the schedule, we were supposed to go to the Christmas parade today. But I ended up scheduling a few photo shoots this morning, so our plans changed.

Yesterday, we put up the fake tree in the basement. We have the fake tree to hold all the ornaments that don't match the decor for the real tree in the living room. I really like having a place to hang my childhood ornaments and ornaments we are given and ornaments that Audrey makes. I just don't want them on my pretty tree.

I got out all the ornaments yesterday, and Audrey just loved them. She wanted to play with them. She carried them around with her. She slid down the stairs with them. She played songs on her toy guitar and sang to the ornaments. They were like her new best friends. She did NOT want to hang them on the tree.

So I let her play with them yesterday, then made today's activity--hang them on the tree. It totally worked, and she hung them all with Daddy this morning while I was at my photo shoots.

Also, I did remember to get out the Advent book and read it with Audrey before bed tonight. So we're back on track.

In another news, Isla tried her first baby food today! Yummy green beans!

First bite...
Not so sure...
A few bites later...
And she likes it!!




0 comments:

Post a Comment