Monday, April 4, 2011

April 4

Audrey really wanted to dress up like a princess tonight, so here she is in her "princess" outfit: Fairy wings, tutu, Cinderella crown and magic wand. Potty Training Update:

I haven't talked about this in a while, and I know you are all waiting on pins and needles to find out how things are going!

The answer is: things are going good! We started potty training on March 8, so it has been almost a month. She still has occasional accidents, but she goes in the potty almost all of the time. Her last accident was Wednesday night at church, so its been at least 5 days since she has had one. For the first week or so, our life revolved around the potty...but for the most part everything is back to normal now!

She is actually really good about going poop on the potty now...which is funny, because I was so worried about that in those first two weeks. She tells us when she needs to go, and then she goes! Something clicked with her one day, and ever since then, she hasn't had any problems. She still does get a "special treat" when she goes poop on the potty. But the two Thin Mint cookies have now been replaced by a few Gerber Yogurt Melts (the kind that they make for babies!). We were in Wal-mart last week and she really wanted to buy the Yogurt Melts. At first I told her those were just for babies, but then I thought they might work as a replacement for her cookies. So I told her we would get them, but she could only have them after she goes poop on the potty. And she has never asked for the cookies again! Crazy girl!

She occasionally will tell us she needs to go pee, but generally I take her to the bathroom before she tells me she needs to go. I'm still not quite sure that I trust her to be the one to make the call! Especially when we are out and about (which is just about every day), I'd prefer to be safe rather than sorry. But she is able to hold it for long periods of time. The accidents seem to come when she is in the middle of doing something really fun, and she doesn't want to stop and go potty. But I think that is pretty normal for all kids...even some elementary age kids!

She generally is dry when she wakes up from her nap. For a while, I was letting her wear her panties for naptime. But then she took a super long, 3 1/2 hour nap last week and wet the bed. I decided she could probably keep wearing her pull ups for a little longer. Same goes for night time. She is often dry when she wakes up in the mornings, though she has been a little wet the past copule of days. I'm not too concerned about her staying dry overnight at this point though. I'm fine with using pull ups at night time for a while still. I think it is normal for kids to take longer to be able to stay consistently dry all night long.

So is she 100% potty trained? No, probably not...as I'm sure she will still have occasional accidents. But she gets the idea and she is staying dry and clean a large majority of the time, so I'm a very happy mommy! =)




0 comments:

Post a Comment