Sunday, April 24, 2011

Keokuk Trip (April 21-23)

This trip gave me hope that Audrey might be able to handle life with a new baby in the house. Our trip at Christmas time was rough...Audrey did not want me to have anything to do with my nephew Josiah. She screamed bloody murder every time I touched him, and I left feeling very discouraged about how we were going to manage life with two kids!

But this trip was totally different. Audrey loved baby Josiah! She loved to rub his head and give him kisses. One time, I caught her kissing him and saying, "Aw, I love you, Josiah. I love you." If he was sad she would pat him and say (in a really sweet high pitched voice), "What's wrong Josiah? It's OK. It's OK." Or she would say, "Josiah sad, Mommy hold him." She was perfectly content to let me hold Josiah and play with him. Such a big difference in her attitude towards him...I am just hoping that she will be as excited and happy to have her baby sister around all the time!

I can see why Audrey likes Josiah so much...he really is the most adorable little guy!!
Mom and Marcus had an Easter egg hunt for the kids. It was too rainy outside, so we had it inside, in the funeral home. This was the first time that Audrey hunted for eggs that were filled with something (mostly candy!) inside of them. Obviously, that was exciting for her. In the words of Audrey, here is how we ran our Easter egg hunt: "First, find eggs. Then have snack. One bite." We hid the eggs multiple times....each time she found all the eggs, she got one bite of candy. Then we would go to the next room and hide them again...and again...and again. Nana also included some new big girl panties in a few of Audrey's eggs. Only a newly potty trained two year old would get super excited about finding underwear in her Easter eggs!After leaving Nana's house, we went to my grandma's house in Quincy. We got to hang out with Grammy Lois, Aunt Nancy and Grandpa and Grandma. Grandpa and Grandma got Audrey an Easter basket. She was so animated and excited about every single thing she found in her basket!
Aunt Nancy set up another Easter egg hunt for Audrey! Look at that little baby in the picture frame...it's crazy how much has changed in just 2 1/2 years!




0 comments:

Post a Comment