Sunday, April 17, 2011

April 17

Time for another home organization project. For the past two years or so, we have had this black desk in our dining room. I never liked the desk in the dining room for two reasons. One, it was black and all the other furniture in the dining/living room is brown. And two, the desk always looked like this....a mess!I never had a very good system for organizing and putting things away on my desk. Plus, I have a bad habit of just piling things up when I'm in a hurry (which seems to be always!). I never actually sat at the desk and used it, as I always use my laptop on the couch. So the only purpose this desk served was to give me a place to stack up all my junk.

Therefore, I decided to get rid of the desk. Our friends Braden and Angela were interested in it, so I was happy to pass it on to someone who might actually use it! I cleaned out a bunch of my books and cleared off this bookshelf. Now, I have a home on this bookshelf for everything that used to sit on my desk.
As my husband pointed out, now my pile of junk will probably just move to the dining room table. Which is probably true. But, unlike the desk, we actually use the dining room table. So even if it gets messy, the table will still be cleared off daily. Now there is a home for all of the piles of stuff. I'm excited about the new system. It looks MUCH better, and I'm hoping it will help me to be more organized!




0 comments:

Post a Comment