Thursday, April 28, 2011

April 28

Our theme for the day at Sprouts was bugs. One of the crafts was a paper bag caterpillar based on Eric Carle's The Very Hungry Caterpillar. It had a cut out mouth and pieces of paper food. The kids could read the book and then put the food in the caterpillar's mouth as the caterpillar in the story ate the food.

Audrey loved this caterpillar craft/game. Loved it. We made it at the beginning of Sprouts, and she played with it the entire hour. Then we came home and she just kept playing with it over and over again...literally, for hours today! Here's a little video of her feeding her "pat-pe-war" tonight.



I wish I would have caught the following dialogues on camera, because they made me laugh out loud:
  • At one point, Audrey was gently patting her caterpillar's head, saying: "I wuv you, pat-pe-war. I wuv you."
  • Another time, she picked up the bag and all the food fell out the bottom. She said, "Oh no, pat-pe-war. Gotta eat food. Put in your mouth. It's kinda hard. I know, pat-pe-war, I know."




0 comments:

Post a Comment