Tuesday, April 12, 2011

April 12


I'm 30 weeks pregnant today...7 1/2 months! Everyone tells me that I don't look that big, but I feel huge right now! I feel like I've grown a lot in the past two weeks and that I am a lot bigger than last time, though I've gained about the same amount of weight so far. According to the e-mail I got today, the baby should weigh almost 3 pounds and be over 15 inches long!

Just like with Audrey, this baby is spreading out and taking up all the possible space...specifically up by my ribs. I told Daniel last night that if she moves any higher, she is going to be in my throat!! I always feel like I am always out of breath, and I figure that is because my lungs have to be completely squished right now.

Every once in a while I have a freak out moment...I can't believe we are really adding another person to this family. Especially after last week, I wonder how on earth we will manage two kids when we are both sick and miserable??? But then I start to think about all the things I am looking forward to about a new baby, and I freak out a little less. Here are few off the top of my head:

1. Snuggling with a newborn. I'll be honest, the newborn stage is not my favorite. I like babies as they get a bit older and more interactive. However, one thing I LOVE about newborns is when they snuggle up on your chest with their little bottom up in the air. Definitely something to look forward to.

2. A newborn photo shoot. I have never taken photos of a brand new baby before, and I'm already browsing and looking for ideas on what we can do with our new baby!

3. Watching Audrey interact with her sister. It's fun to talk to Audrey about it now, and I can't wait to see how she will react.

4. More birthday parties to plan. Call me crazy, but the idea of getting to host two kids' birthday parties a year instead of just one makes me really excited! I already found an adorable first birthday party idea that I just might use...and this baby is not even born yet!

5. Adorable little baby girl clothes and bows...and matching outfits for the two girls!




1 comments:

Julie Davison said...

You look great! And just the right size! Every woman grows differently. I can totally relate to the freaking out. I got pregnant with Claire when Thomas was just one. Literally...the week he turned one. I was so worried about how I was going to handle two kids that when she came, it actually seemed EASY in comparison to what I had feared it would be. You are going to do great!!

Post a Comment