Monday, March 14, 2011

March 14

I know you are all anxiously waiting to see if Audrey pooped today...well, she did...but not in the potty.

We got off to a good start. She told me this morning that she needed to poop, so we hurried to the bathroom. She tried for a few seconds on the potty, but when nothing happened, she quickly gave up. A little later, she looked like she was about ready to poop, so I brought her back to the bathroom. Again, she tried for a few seconds, then she was frustrated and gave up. I just don't think she is patient enough to sit there long enough for something to happen!

So, at lunch time, we noticed that she was getting ready to go in her panties. And rather than stop her, we left her alone and just let her go. I was starting to get nervous that she would never go, so I thought it would be better to just let her go this time. It was quite the mess to clean up...glad it happened while Daniel was home to help! I think it's just going to take some time to learn how to be patient enough to sit on the potty and wait for her poop.

She is peeing like a pro though. No pee accidents again today. Her pull up is usually a little wet in the morning when she wakes up, but she has been waking up dry from her naps every day. I feel comfortable leaving her alone and letting her tell me when she needs to go. So that is definitely exciting!

We also started a new letter of the week tonight: D! We made this beautiful piece of art to represent the book Duck on a Bike, one of Audrey's favorites. In fact, we've read the book so many times that nearly all of the pages are falling out.




0 comments:

Post a Comment