Friday, May 6, 2011

May 6

It's been a good day! My mom came up for the day to go to my doctor's appointment with me and to do some garage sale shopping.

The sonogram/doctor's appointment went really well. The baby measured exactly as she should this time. Her belly was measuring right at 33 weeks, so maybe she went through a growth spurt over the past 2 weeks and caught up to where she should be. Or maybe the measurements they take are just estimates and far from an exact science. Everything looked good...heartbeat, breathing, size...so nothing to worry about right now! They also confirmed that she is still a girl, so it's good to have reassurance about that. (I keep reading stories about people who were told they were having a girl and then had a boy....which wouldn't be the end of the world, but it would be annoying as we have spent money on new girl things!).

According to her measurements at this sonogram, they estimated that the baby should weigh almost 8 pounds at a full term birth! Quite a bit different from the 6-7 pounds they predicted two weeks ago (again, I'm not convinced about the accuracy of these sonogram measurements!). My doctor thought that was a little big, and she also said she doesn't expect me to go all the way to 40 weeks. Her predictions were that the baby would weigh 7 lbs, 2 oz and be born before 39 weeks. It won't be too long until we find out if she is correct in her guesses!!

This evening my mom and I, along with Daniel and Audrey, headed out to garage sales. We didn't find any super amazing deals, but we did find a few things that made our trip worthwhile. Then we had dinner at Lake Point Grille, which was very yummy!

Here's another picture with Daniel's iphone, because I didn't have my camera with me. Audrey LOVES hanging out with her Nana. She has been so happy all day long!





0 comments:

Post a Comment