Thursday, May 26, 2011

May 26

Audrey went to play with Lindsey, Simon and Elliot this morning so I could "take it easy." Lindsey sent this picture...they were playing "bedtime" and pretending to go to sleep and wake up. Audrey loves going to visit the Lanters. I think she would be perfectly happy to go to their house and stay forever.

We are very fortunate to have friends who are willing to help us out by watching Audrey. And we are fortunate that Audrey enjoys going to new places to play with new friends and doesn't have a hard time being separated from us. Yesterday, during my doctor's appointment, she went to play with Michele, June and baby Mason. Today she was with the Lanters. And tomorrow, during my doctor's appointment, she is going to Miss Lisa's house to play. Fun times for her!

I spent my day hanging out on the couch...sitting, waiting, drinking lots of water, and going to the bathroom about every 5 minutes. I don't see how this water is going to help me at all, as it doesn't stay in my system for long at all...it feels like it is just going straight through me! I did find some projects that I could complete while sitting down...so I wasn't completely bored out of my mind all day.

I am starting to get anxious about tomorrow...mostly because I just don't know what is going to happen. I have spent a lot of my time reading about low amniotic fluid and induction and whatever else I can find searching the web (never a good idea, I know...but I just can't help myself!). I don't think I am in too bad of shape, since the levels weren't in the dangerous zone yet. So as long as they haven't dropped any more (how could they when all I have been doing is sitting around and drinking water??), my guess is they will tell me to keep resting and drinking water, and they will keep monitoring me in the coming weeks. I don't think I will make it all the way to 40 weeks, but at this point, I am doubting that induction/delivery will happen this weekend.

However, there is still the possibility that, for whatever reason, the fluid has gone down more to a point that is considered dangerous for baby. Which means there is a chance that they will talk about induction...assuming that my cervix is "ripe" (what a strange term to use...it just means that I have started to dilate and efface) and they think the baby will do okay through labor and delivery and after.

So I think the possibility of induction is pretty low, but the chance is still there. I am trying to prepare myself mentally that we could be having this baby very soon...like this weekend. I want to make sure we have bags packed for all of us, and our house is in order...just in case that remote chance becomes a reality.

Ugh...how am I ever going to sleep tonight????




0 comments:

Post a Comment