Wednesday, May 18, 2011

May 18

I'm still not feeling so great today, but I think that antibiotic is starting to work after just the first dose. This is probably too much information, but I did the sinus rinse today and a crazy amount of green snot came out of my nose. Seriously, it was a ton more than normal...and it was totally disgusting. So I figure that must be a sign that things are improving...it has to be good to have all of that out of my head! Compared to the past two days, the pressure and pain in my head did seem to be a little better. Between the sinus rinse and the antibiotic, I'm thinking this is going to be the end to my sinus troubles. Positive thinking!!

For some reason, when I'm not feeling well, I am more motivated to plan fun things to do with Audrey. Maybe it makes me feel less guilty about being grumpy and impatient. Or it might just be because it keeps us busy and helps time pass more quickly.

So we started the day at the library. Audrey loves that place and never wants to leave. I was really impressed with her memory today. We pulled into the parking garage, and I parked the car. Audrey said, "Mommy find place to park? Mommy happy now?" She was remembering two weeks ago when we went to the library, and I was frustrated because the lot was full...and she kept telling me to "stay happy Mommy". It is so crazy how many little, seemingly insignificant events that she remembers!

We also started learning about the letter G today. We made a green, grass G.
And we read the book In the Tall, Tall Grass by Denise Fleming.

Our backyard just happens to be full of tall, tall grass right now! With all the rain we've had recently, our grass has been growing like crazy. I'm glad Daniel hasn't had the chance to mow yet, because it was the perfect object lesson to go with our story!
I gave Audrey a bag and we went on a search to see what we could find in our tall, tall grass. She collected quite a few little things...mostly rocks and pretty yellow flowers (i.e. dandelions).
Maggie thought the tall, tall grass made a very comfortable place to rest.
The idea of having Audrey collect things in a bag was brilliant. She loves to carry bags around and put things in and out of them. It kept her occupied for a long time outside, while I was able to sit and recline in the lawn chair and enjoy the nice weather.
And now it's time for what I have been waiting for ever since I got up this morning: SLEEP! Good night!!




0 comments:

Post a Comment