Thursday, May 19, 2011

May 19

Today was our last day of Sprouts for this season.

It was also a big morning for Audrey.

We have a former Burger King playland in our play area at Sprouts. In order to get into it, you have to climb up several platforms and then go through the tunnel to slide down the big, fast slide.

Audrey has never been brave enough to go past the first platform by herself. Until today. She REALLY wanted to climb up it and go down the big slide. But there was no way that I was going to (or even that I possibly could) climb up there and help her. So I told her if she wanted to go up, she would have to do it all by herself.

There was one platform that she just couldn't quite do by herself...it was just a tad too big for her. So with only a little boost from me, she climbed all the way up by herself. Then she went into the tunnel and saw the slide.

That's when she started crying and saying, "No, it's too big". I yelled up at her from the bottom of the slide and finally convinced her to come down by herself. She cried the whole way down and had a look of terror on her face.

Once on solid ground, she smiled and said, "Do it again." And she proceeded to do it again and again and again, all by herself (with only a little boost from me to get up on the tall green platform).

She still had a look of terror on her face and a wide open mouth every time she went down. But she loved it. I'm so proud of her for being so brave...too bad this was the last day! Hopefully, she will still remember how to be brave in September. Our next goal: get her to conquer the McDonalds playland all by herself.



And I am continuing to feel better. Still lots of nastiness coming out of my nose, but I still say it is a sign of improvement that all that junk is getting out of my head. The pressure and pain was much, much better today. Hoping to be all cleared up very soon!




0 comments:

Post a Comment