Friday, May 18, 2012

May 18: Garage Sale Finds

I was about ready to give up on garage sales for good.  It is always a challenge to find good quality stuff for a decent price, but this year, it has seemed completely impossible.  I have written before about how picky I am with garage sale pricing.  Generally, I don't like to pay more than 50 cents ($1 max) for a piece of kids clothing, and I want that clothing to look like it is brand new.  The prices I have been seeing at garage sales lately have been more like $2-4 per piece.  I don't know who is willing to pay that much for garage sale clothes, but it is definitely too much for me!  Plus, it takes a lot of time to dig through all the garage sale junk looking for treasures, and when you don't find anything, it really is just a waste of time.

With all of these thoughts in my head, I decided to stop at one last garage sale today.   And I hit the garage sale jackpot for girls clothes size 12-18 months.  And everything was priced between 50 cents and $1.  And all of the clothes were in perfect condition.  My kind of sale!!   I got 3 dresses, 3 two piece outfits, two shirts, a pair of jeans and a pair of pants for just $7.  Several of the items I actually recognized from seeing them on the shelves in stores last year, so I know that they are nearly brand new!
Now, if only I had hit the garage sale jackpot for girls clothes size 3T-4T.  Isla is fairly well stocked for the summer (and she has a birthday coming up).  Audrey is the one who could really use a few more items for her summer wardrobe!

It does get really hard to find decent clothes past the 24 months size though.  Older kids wear their clothes longer, and they are rougher on their clothes, so most older kids clothes are in pretty bad shape at garage sales.  Even with today's good deals, I have a feeling my garage sale days may soon be coming to an end.




0 comments:

Post a Comment