Tuesday, May 1, 2012

May 1: 42 months old

Audrey is now 42 months old, exactly 3 1/2 years!  She is very interested in having more birthdays, and she was excited to find out that she will keep being more "numbers" (what she calls getting a year older) as she grows bigger and bigger.  Tonight she came up to me and said, "Mom, someday I am going to be all the numbers.  I am going to be 17 numbers.  No, I'm going to be 100 numbers.  Can you believe that?"

I really can't believe that, and I would prefer to just keep her at number three forever!!
 She continues to love to sing.  Between watching Disney movies and listening to Disney music on Spotify and playing Disney songs on the piano with me, she knows a lot of Disney songs.  It's a bit ridiculous!  She is so heartfelt in her singing though, I can't help but encourage it.  Some of her new favorite songs are from the Disney Cinderella movie.  She has never seen it (due to the dumb Disney vault that makes it hard to find these old movies!), but I have taught her a few songs.  It's a little hard to understand her in this video, but she is singing Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo. 

 
  Here she is singing a portion of Part of Your World from The Little Mermaid.  I think she knows even more of the song than what she sings in this video. 
Audrey loves to play, and her imagination is starting to blossom. She enjoys playing with her "guys," which is what we call her collection of stuffed animals and figurines.  She talks to them and re-enacts scenarios from her everyday life and from movies she has seen.  I love watching her imagination at work!!

Audrey always has a plan for what she is going to do next, and if she doesn't have one, then she wants to know what your plan is.  Our days often begin with Audrey saying this, "Mom, first I'm going to eat breakfast.  Then I'm going to play.  Then I'm going to watch a movie.  Then I will get dressed.  Does that sound like a good plan?"  She likes to count all of these things on her fingers, and then memorize what each finger stands for.  So we often have to go over the plan several times, so that she can remember which activity goes with which finger.

There is so much more I could write about Little Miss Audrey...but that is probably enough for tonight!!




0 comments:

Post a Comment