Wednesday, June 8, 2011

June 8

Isla was one week old yesterday. It is crazy how much can happen in just one week! And how quickly it can happen!

Last Tuesday morning we were impatiently sitting in the doctor's office waiting for them to find us an appointment. By afternoon, we had a baby. It all happened so fast, there was no time to think or process it. Then before we knew it, we were back in the hospital...and again, it happened so quickly. The whole week is just one big crazy blur!

Now, we are home for good (I hope!), and we are adjusting to life as a family of four. I've been feeling sentimental today and went back and read my blog posts from the past week or so. Starting back with Friday, May 27 and reading through until today...it's interesting to see all the emotions we've been through in just a week's time. I'm thankful for this blog, which has helped me to record all of these thoughts!


Today was my first day at home by myself with both girls. It was a really good day. Audrey was in a super sweet and pleasant mood. Every time I asked her to do anything, she would respond with a cheerful "Okay!" I wish she was always so agreeable! She is doing really well with her baby sister. She has not been clingy or needy with me at all, and she is willing to wait for me to help Isla first before I help her. Hopefully, this will continue...we are off to a really good start so far! Here she is showing off the diaper she just changed on her baby:
Isla seems to be doing good. Her appetite is increasing, and she will sometimes take up to 2 ounces of formula at a feeding. She sleeps all the time! Today we didn't see her awake/alert until almost 6 pm. We wake her up to eat every two hours, try to keep her awake long enough to eat, and then she falls back asleep. I was worried that she is sleeping too much, but the doctor said it was totally normal, especially for a small baby born a few weeks early.
It is kind of annoying to have to wake her up every 2 hours at night. Hopefully, since her appetite is getting better and she is eating more, we won't have to do that for too much longer. She has a doctor's appointment on Friday, and I'm hoping she will at least let us extend her eating times to every 3 hours at night. I want Isla to grow and be healthy, so that is the first priority. But I really want some sleep too!!




0 comments:

Post a Comment