Sunday, June 12, 2011

June 12

Today was Isla's first Sunday at church. So lots of people got to see her and meet her for the first time. And that meant that I was repeatedly asked one of my least favorite questions, "Is she a good baby?"

I'm always tempted to answer: "Of course she's a good baby! Would you really call a baby bad?"

But I know that's not what they are really asking. They are really asking two things: "Does she cry a lot?" and "Does she sleep well at night?"

If I were to answer those questions truthfully, then I guess she is not a good baby. She does cry. And she does not sleep well at night (though she is a champ at sleeping through the day!).

But I don't expect her to sleep through the night (though it would be nice). I expect her to wake up frequently. And I expect her to cry. Because she is a baby. And that is what babies do. It is not a matter of being good or bad..she's just a baby!

Thanks for letting me get that rant out of my system...sorry if you have heard this from me before. I'm pretty sure I wrote a very similar post when Audrey was a newborn! =)

I tried to take a picture of Isla dressed up for church this morning, but she wasn't too happy about being my model today!
Later tonight, she was sleeping in her bouncy seat with her legs curled up and her feet crossed...so sweet!




0 comments:

Post a Comment