Saturday, June 18, 2011

June 18

Wow, what a busy day!I started the day at Garage-a-palooza. It's an activities camp for kids that our church puts on each year. I have been a part of the planning team for the past few years, though this year I've been a bit of a slacker since Isla was born! I did show up for a couple of hours this morning to help out and take pictures. From what I saw while I was there, I'd say it was another successful year of Garage-a-palooza...everyone seemed to be having a great time!

It was the first time that I had left Isla for more than a few minutes. I remember the first time I left Audrey. She was like 6 weeks old, and I went to go see Twilight. It seemed like such a big deal when I left her then. Today, I left the house without a second thought about leaving Isla. I suppose that's the difference between the first and the second child!

About the time I got home from church, Daniel's parents arrived. They were vacationing in Myrtle Beach for the past two weeks, so this was their first time to meet baby Isla. As always, Audrey was excited to see them. She had fun walking around in Papaw's shoes!
After Daniel's parents went home, my mom and I left Daniel with two sleeping little girls and headed to the mall. We found some really good deals too! Gap was having a major sale. I spent $40 and got 4 shirts for me, one pair of shorts for me, two shirts for Audrey, and one shirt for Isla. I'm excited to have some new clothes, as I refuse to put on maternity clothes again and my non-maternity clothes just aren't fitting quite right yet.

And finally, we got a picture of mom with the girls right before she left this evening!
So, now our company has all gone home, and it's just the four of us again. Time to get back to normal life...if there is such a thing as normal with a two year old and two week old in the picture.




0 comments:

Post a Comment