Tuesday, June 21, 2011

June 21

Isla is three weeks old today. Today is also my due date! Crazy to think that we could still be waiting to meet her.

I can't really put it into words, but I'm feeling very sentimental about little baby Isla. Partly because I am pretty sure that she will be the last baby in our family. And partly because I sat for 5 days on bedrest, waiting and wondering what would happen and what she would be like and how our lives would change. And then, all of a sudden...she was here. Ever since then time has been flying so fast!!

I know how quickly these days will pass. I know that she won't be my tiny little newborn for much longer. Soon she will be a big, chubby baby who will learn how to roll over and crawl and move around. And before we know it, she will be walking and talking and using the toilet and acting like a big girl.
I've said before that the newborn stage is not my favorite stage. Yet even as I look forward to the upcoming days when she gets bigger and can smile and interact with us more, I am definitely going to miss the sweet, snuggly moments of these newborn days.

With Audrey, that first month or so was such a crazy blur. I don't remember much of it at all. With Isla, I am trying to take the time to savor every moment. I know the moments will soon be gone and only the memories (and all my blog posts!) will remain.

Sorry for the big, long sappy post. I told you I was feeling sentimental tonight. =)





0 comments:

Post a Comment