Tuesday, August 23, 2011

August 23

Isla is 12 weeks old today.

Though she doesn't look too happy in this picture, she is starting to give us lots of smiles and giggles and squeals. I keep trying to capture it on camera, but I think most of her smiles and giggles and squeals are in response to our faces. When there is a camera in front of my face, she doesn't quite respond in the same way.

She slept through the night three nights in a row, with 9-10 hour stretches each night! The past two nights she has been back to an early morning feeding around 4 am. But she is going to bed between 8-9 pm, so she is still getting some 7-8 hour stretches. I'll take it!

I think she might be starting to figure out that her hands are attached to her body, and that she has control over them. Occasionally she will swing her hand and hit a toy on her play mat, then squeal with delight and do it again.

Next week, she will be three months old and officially out of the newborn stage! I may be a little sad that she is no longer my tiny, little, sweet, cuddly baby. But I am also excited to see all the new things she is going to learn and do in the coming months!






0 comments:

Post a Comment