Friday, December 7, 2012

December 5: Buy a gift for the Angel Tree

Audrey's school has an Angel Tree where they are asking for donations to help children around town.  We picked an ornament off the tree yesterday and got the very last one!  Our tag said:  Amaze game by Thinkfun.  I wasn't expecting something so specific!


They said we could find it at Wal-mart.  So our activity for today was to go to Wal-mart and buy this gift.  I really want my girls to appreciate the idea that it is better to give than to receive.  This season, I am trying to find ways to teach them this valuable lesson.  And I really just think it's fun to give gifts to people, so I want them to think it's fun too!

So, we went to Wal-mart, and I searched the aisles but could not find this game anywhere!  Instead, I came home and ordered it from Amazon instead.  It will be here Friday.

Our gift giving activity for the day was not a total bust though.  Audrey also had a haircut with Jenni this morning.  So we made a Christmas card for Jenni and stopped by Panera to get a gift card for her (and a bagel for us).  It was cute to watch Audrey shyly, yet excitedly, deliver her gift to Jenni today.

Also, Jenni curled Audrey's hair today for the first time.  She looked so beautiful!





0 comments:

Post a Comment