Monday, December 3, 2012

December 3: Letter to Santa

I'm neutral on the topic of Santa Claus.  I don't really have a desire to encourage Audrey to believe in him, but I also have no problem talking about him and participating in some fun Christmas activities that have to do with Santa  So that's what we did today.

Here is Audrey's letter that she "wrote" and mailed to Santa.  I am most impressed with the names and letters she wrote at the bottom.  Writing letters has also been a struggle with Audrey.  She wants to do it, but she is such a perfectionist that she gets really upset when her letters don't look exactly like the example.  She's still young and has lots of time to learn how to write, so I haven't really pushed her to write any letters in a long time.  But she has been doing some writing at school.  I was SO impressed today when she wrote all of these letters (with the exception of the "s", which I helped her with) by herself.  I helped her spell our names and she wrote, Audrey (well, she knows how to spell her own name), Isla, Mommy and Daddy, along with some random letters just for fun.  This may not look all that impressive to you, but it is a big improvement for Audrey, especially because she did it all without tears!
Also, it was 70 degrees today, so the girls and I spent a lot of time playing outside.  It was a little breezy, but you won't hear me complaining about a 70 degree day in December ever!









0 comments:

Post a Comment