Friday, November 18, 2011

November 18

First: This is blog post #1001! I meant to make a big deal out of post #1000, but that was Wednesday's post and I totally missed it. 1000 blog posts! I really don't expect any of you to actually read all of these posts, as I am a bit long winded at times. But this blog has become a part of my daily life. I actually find it therapeutic to write about my day...it helps me process my thoughts and keep a positive attitude. I also love having this record of our life, as well as a way to keep in touch with family and friends. To any of you who may have been around for all 1000 posts, thanks for sticking with me!

Second: I stink at these thankful posts. I truly am thankful for many things, but I am having a hard time writing blog posts and taking pictures of those things. I do at least have a post about Thanksgiving today though.

Audrey and I made this apple turkey today.As soon as we finished and I took a picture, she gobbled it all up!
I also bought two brand new books today. Though I am a book lover, I rarely buy new books for the girls, unless I am buying them as Christmas gifts. But I wanted some Thanksgiving books, because we didn't have any and all the Thanksgiving library books were checked out. So I went to Barnes and Noble (for the 3rd time this week!) and bought two brand new books (I did have a coupon though!). Here is what I bought:

This First Thanksgiving Day: A Counting Story
. This one is about the Indians and Pilgrims preparing for the first Thanksgiving feast. It's a fun, detailed book. You can count several different things on each page, as well as find a hidden turkey. Audrey enjoyed looking for the turkey (or chicken as she kept calling it), but it was kind of hard to find on some of the pages!

The Night before Thanksgiving. This is Twas the Night Before Christmas reworded for Thanksgiving. I wanted to get a book that talks about modern day Thanksgiving festivities, and this one was perfect.




0 comments:

Post a Comment