Thursday, November 10, 2011

November 10

I am thankful to be able to stay at home with my kids.

I complain about it far too much, and most days I feel overwhelmed and incompetent as a stay at home mom. But when it comes down to it, I am truly grateful for this opportunity to spend pretty much every single moment with these two precious girls.

(For the record, I have nothing against working moms. There is sometimes the attitude among stay at home moms that being at home is superior to working. I really don't agree with that at all and don't want to come off as acting superior to anyone. I think there are pros and cons to both working and staying home, and I make no judgments against any mom who chooses to work...just wanted to make that clear).

On to some pictures and a video from today!

We went to Cherry Berry with a friend today. She has three older boys, and they were out of school, so they tagged along with us. It was a fun afternoon outing. I just have to write down Audrey's retelling of our outing before bed tonight: "We went to Cherry Berry today. Noah didn't play with me, he was too shy. Logan and Rylan played with me. Rylan helped me put on my jacket. He knows how." It cracks me up what sticks out in her mind...no mention of ice cream at all!!

She did enjoy the ice cream though...she was studying her spoon to make sure she got every last drop off of it!
Just so Isla doesn't feel left out: here is a video of her from this afternoon. She is at such a fun age. She is making all kinds of funny sounds, blowing bubbles, playing with toys, studying every move that Audrey makes. For now, it is great that she can't move or roll over yet; I am definitely enjoying this stationary phase. Too quickly she will be moving all over the place and getting into everything!





0 comments:

Post a Comment