Wednesday, July 27, 2011

July 27

Pinterest is my newest obsession. It is an internet bookmarking site, that allows you to save and organize photos and websites that you like. For an internet research junkie like me, it is completely amazing and addicting.

So when you are searching the internet or reading one of the gazillion blogs that you follow and you come across an idea that you like, you simply "pin it" to one of your boards. Then it will be saved there for you, and you can access it at any time from any computer.

Plus, you can share all your boards with your friends. And you can follow your friends' boards to see what they have discovered and pinned, and then repin things to your own boards. You can also view random people's boards and pins. It is a whole new world of internet searching just within Pinterest itself. One click just leads to another and another and another!

You can also use Pinterest on your smart phone (or ipod touch in my case). So I can do all of this while feeding baby Isla. Then I don't feel like I am wasting time...just multi-tasking!

Right now, I'm finding ideas for Audrey's 3rd birthday party and even a few for Isla's 1st birthday party. I am getting ready to shoot some senior pictures, so I am looking for posing ideas. I'm collecting ideas of activities to do with Audrey and our letters of the week. Plus, I'm finding fun ideas we can use for our Sprouts playgroup. I also have boards for house decorating and organizing ideas, recipes to try and vacation ideas.

Pinterest is only available by invite only right now. If you want to try it, let me know and I'd be happy to send you an invite...and spread the addiction!!




0 comments:

Post a Comment