Tuesday, July 19, 2011

July 19

I have been failing at this blog lately. VBS has been consuming every ounce of time and energy. I do enjoy it, but it frustrates me and stresses me out too. After all the planning and setup, you want to see everything flow perfectly during the actual event. Things are going well, but we've still had some hiccups this week. And that really frustrates the perfectionist in me.

Anyway, I'll try to post some VBS pictures later this week. I don't have any ready yet tonight.

The big news of the day is that our big girl came back home! Audrey spent the last 4 days or so at Mimi and Papaw's house. I forgot how much that girl talks! She came in and started talking and I don't think she ever stopped. It's kind of fun that she is able to tell me what she did while she was gone. Here are a few samples of things she told me about Mimi and Papaw's house:

When asked about Chuck E Cheese: "I eat pizza. I play games. I put coins in. Tickets come out."

When asked about the Winnie the Pooh movie: "Eeyore lost his tail. Kanga find it. Pooh looking for honey. Pooh LOVES honey!"

When asked what food she ate: "Breakfast!! I had toast and yogurt. And jelly. And cinnamon sugar. At Chuck E Cheese, I eat cotton candy. Blue cotton candy." (to Isla) "I eat blue cotton candy baby Isla." (to her new Buzz Lightyear toy from Mimi and Papaw) "I eat blue cotton candy Buzz."

Soon after she was home she got upset about something and started crying: "I want my Mimi and Papaw!"

One last story: tonight, Audrey was helping me make tacos for dinner. She likes to put the cheese on her taco. Usually she takes a big handful for her mouth as well and half of it ends up on the floor. As I watched the cheese fall on the floor, I said, "Too bad Maggie isn't here anymore to clean up all the food we drop."

On hearing this, Audrey got another big handful of cheese, climbed down off her stool, and set the pile of cheese in the middle of the kitchen floor. When I asked her what she was doing, she said, "I leave that for Maggie."

I explained to her again that Maggie doesn't live here anymore. She insisted in a very serious voice, "Maggie come back to my house to eat that cheese. I leave it there now and Maggie come eat it."

By this point, I am cracking up. Audrey hasn't really seemed to be too bothered about Maggie being gone. But she was set on the idea that Maggie needed to come back just to eat the cheese she set in the middle of the floor. Oh she is a funny girl! Life is never dull with her around!




0 comments:

Post a Comment