Friday, July 22, 2011

July 22

(This was supposed to be posted yesterday, but I got sidetracked by Audrey's sleeping issues. So here it is today!)
VBS is over! That is a huge relief. It went well, and the kids seemed to enjoy it. Hopefully they learned something about Jesus too!

The Moby Wrap came in handy this week. It worked fairly well at keeping Isla content and asleep, and it allowed me to be hands free. Plus, it looked somewhat authentic with my costume as well.

And now for today's sleeping update:

Today was better than yesterday. There was very little screaming from Audrey. At both naptime and bedtime, she did go through the whole getting out of bed and opening the door routine several times. But we didn't even have to put her back in bed. Once she saw one of us come into the room, she walked right back to her bed and got in it.

At both naptime and bedtime, she did eventually go to sleep after a few rounds of being in and out of bed. But she went to sleep on the floor instead of in her bed. I don't understand what happened to make her bed an undesirable place to sleep. I really don't care if she wants to sleep on the floor for naptime. As long as she is in her room and not screaming, I'm fine with it.

I'm not sure if she can make it all night on the floor though. And I really don't want to deal with her waking up in the middle of the night. Tonight, she fell asleep on the floor in front of her door. Daniel successfully managed to move her from the floor to her bed without waking her up, so right now she is in bed asleep. Hopefully she will stay there all night long!

Just one more thought before I quit writing:

Tonight, Daniel graciously allowed me to abandon him at bedtime again, leaving him alone to deal with all of these sleep troubles. I went with some friends to see the final Harry Potter movie. It was a nice reward after a long week of work at VBS.

I was an extremely reluctant Harry Potter reader. Everyone loved the books so much, but I was stubbornly determined to avoid all the hype. I was not going to jump on the Harry Potter bandwagon.

Somehow my friend Kellie managed to convince me to read the books. Of course, I was instantly hooked! Once I finished the last book, I knew there were still a few more movies to be made. So it wasn't really the end yet. But now that I have watched the final movie, it really is the end of Harry Potter. Although, there is now a theme park...




0 comments:

Post a Comment