Friday, May 16, 2014

May 15

Forgot to post AGAIN yesterday!  Ugh!

This week a new HyVee store opened up in our town.  This is the first HyVee store here, and we are super excited about it!  It makes me feel really lame, since the opening of a grocery store is such an exciting event in my life.  But I am not the only one.  It seems like everyone else is just as excited too.  It is the most swankified place in town!
 I grew up with a HyVee grocery store, but it wasn't nearly as fancy as this one.  We've got a huge restaurant, a Caribou coffee shop, gas station, a huge salad bar and buffet area, a big bakery, a wine tasting room, large health food section, a huge selection of bulk foods, and so much more.  It is pretty exciting!  The HyVee is located about one block from our old house.  So if we wouldn't have moved, imagine how great that would have been to have a big grocery store right next door!  Instead, we are about a five minute drive from HyVee, which is still pretty good.

Yesterday we met our friends Lindsey and Elliot there for lunch.  After we ate, we decided to do a little shopping.  They have these kid size grocery carts, and each one of our kids wanted to push their own.  Since it is opening week, the store was super crowded.  Maneuvering through the crowded store with three crazy kids and their carts was a little tricky, but we made it out alive without running over anyone!
Now, as much as I liked the new HyVee store (and I did pick up a few things there yesterday), I am still doing my regular grocery shopping at Meijer this week.  They have some crazy good coupons right now; I can get about $20 worth of food for FREE!  I'm assuming they are trying to compete with HyVee, so they are pulling out all the stops.  If that's the case, Meijer is the winner for this week at least! 




0 comments:

Post a Comment