Sunday, May 11, 2014

May 11

Happy Mother's Day!!

Our church offered free photos for families in honor of Mother's Day. And I was the photographer!  Fun times!  It was fun, and a little crazy too.  I am used to shooting outside in natural light, so trying to work indoors with lights and a backdrop was a little stressful for me.  But I survived, and the resulting photos aren't completely awful.

A friend tried to take a photo of our family after I was done taking everyone else's photos.   It is not the greatest picture, as Daniel is way taller than the rest of us and I am hunched over trying to get Isla to cooperate.  Neither of the girls are looking at the camera.  And Isla is picking her nose.    But that's about as good as it gets these days!

Daniel, Audrey and Isla celebrated Mother's Day by taking long three hour naps this afternoon.  I celebrated by editing pictures all afternoon.  I've spent more than 4 hours today editing, and still have more ahead of me.  I had 400 pictures after the photo shoot at church this morning, and I am making my way through them slowly.  If I were a better photographer, I could just use them straight out of camera.  But I am not that good, plus I am a slow editer, and it takes me a long time to get everything looking right, or at least as good as possible. 

Tonight, we took a walk to the park and to Cherry Berry.  I took some pictures, but due to the large number of church pictures I have been editing, I haven't uploaded them yet.  That will give me something to share tomorrow!




0 comments:

Post a Comment