Monday, October 31, 2011

October 31, part 2

Part Two: Isla is 5 months old!

Wow, five months old! I really can't believe that she has been with us for five months. It seems like just yesterday that we were impatiently waiting for her to be born.
Isla's latest trick is blowing raspberries. She makes a funny high pitched noise while doing it and she gets drool all over herself! But it keeps her entertained for long periods of time. I have a video of this...I will try to upload it sometime.

I really think she is a pretty mellow and happy baby. As long as someone is paying attention to her, she is happy and smiling almost all the time! She is also starting to do better with playing by herself...blowing bubbles, kicking her feet, eating her hands, playing with toys...she can entertain herself for quite a long time. I think that is a skill that is a necessity to learn early when you are the second child!

She is still not rolling over from her back to her tummy. I'm trying not to worry about that too much. I know there is a pretty wide range of acceptable ages for reaching the rolling over milestone. Especially since she had a rough start with her flat head and the subsequent neck muscle problems, I figured she would not roll over right away. She is getting much better with the range of motion in her neck. Still not quite there on the left side, but she has made a ton of progress in the past 4-6 weeks.

And the helmet? Really, it's not a big deal at all. I think we are on Day 11 today. She now wears it 23 hours a day, every day. The first three nights that she slept in it were rough, but the past few nights have been much, much better. She doesn't seem to notice it at all, and honestly, I don't really notice it at all anymore either. I'm surprised by how quickly I got used to seeing her wear it. Now, when we take her helmet off, I feel like she looks funny without it!




0 comments:

Post a Comment