Monday, October 10, 2011

October 10

I pulled out this jumperoo/activity center thing for Isla to try out today. Her head control has improved drastically over the past couple of weeks (at least I think so), and I thought it was time to give her something new to do.

I think she liked it. She stared intently at all the toys and worked really hard to grab a hold of them. Then she got a little frustrated because she wanted to put everything in her mouth, but the toys don't move off of the base.(If you are sentimental like me and want to go back and look at Audrey's first time in the jumper, you can find that here. We put Audrey in the jumper a few weeks earlier than Isla, but they both seemed to react in about the same way. That's one reason I keep blogging...I love having this record of our daily life and all of our kids' milestones.)

Looking at these pictures, it only confirmed to me that we are making the right decision with this helmet. Sorry if I sound like a broken record about this, but I go back and forth all the time on whether we really "need" to helmet her. I think she is beautiful just as she is, and most of the time I don't notice her head shape much at all.

But then I look at pictures like these, where you can see how it slopes up towards the back and then it's just like a cliff in the back...straight down. In the second picture below, you can see how it is causing her forehead to begin to bulge out a bit in the front.


Daniel talked to a lady tonight who has a flat head. She said she has hated it her whole life and refuses to wear her hair in a ponytail, because she is self conscious about her head shape. It was more confirmation that we are doing the right thing to help re-shape Isla's head now while we still can.




0 comments:

Post a Comment