Sunday, January 30, 2011

January 30

There are two rooms being remodeled at church this week, and Daniel and I have been helping with those projects. Hence the reason for our trip to Ikea last week. Tonight, we recruited our small group to help out with the projects. What a great group of people! We got so much done in such a short amount of time. I don't think we would have been able to get everything done without their help.
I'm excited about these projects and about all the changes happening at church right now. Our church is in the midst of some major, major changes lately. We are still without a senior minister (getting close to a year now!). Two other staff members recently resigned. There are some big changes happening in the preschool department (where I am now going to be teaching...that's a post for another day!). And we are changing service times and moving from three services to two services. I don't see the service time change as a big deal...who cares if you go to church at 10:30 or 11:00? But for many people, it is as if their world is completely falling apart.

So with all the changes, there is a lot of negativity and pessimism circulating around. It seems strange for me to be the optimistic one, as I don't see myself as an overly optimistic person. But I'm honestly feeling good about all these changes. It might be a little scary now with so many things up in the air. We don't know what's going to happen with the church in the future, but I feel pretty confident that in the end, it's all going to work out for the good. If only I could convince the rest of the congregation to be so positive about everything!




1 comments:

Janna said...

praying for you, your sweet family, your church and all these changes coming up. love you guys :)

Post a Comment