Wednesday, January 19, 2011

January 19

Our letter A activities continued tonight! Daniel had a meeting, so Audrey and I got out the paint and art supplies and created an apple tree.
Audrey loves to paint! Whenever we go to the children's museum, the paint wall is the first place she wants to go...and then we have to drag her away! I made the mistake this morning of telling her that we were going to paint an apple tree today, but then we didn't actually do it until tonight. She kept asking over and over again, "Paint, now?" and she was definitely excited when I told her it was finally time to paint! After painting the tree, I gave her a few more colors and let her make some "masterpieces" of her own.

I wanted to do the painting before bath time, because I figured it would make clean up easier. I also stripped her down to her diaper to avoid having to get any paint out of clothes. I was all ready for her to make a big mess. Then she painted for about 30 minutes and did not get a single drop of paint on her! Not even on her hands!Our apple tree craft went perfectly with this book we have been reading from the library: Ten Red Apples by Pat Hutchins. Or I should say our apple tree craft would have gone perfectly with this book if we would have used the right number of apples. I wasn't paying attention and punched out 11 circles instead of 10. Audrey insisted that we use ALL the apples, so our tree is special and has an extra apple on it!

This letter of the week thing is kind of fun!






0 comments:

Post a Comment