Monday, January 17, 2011

January 17

I've been slowly cleaning out the storage area of our basement area, getting ready for a big garage sale I'm planning this spring. I love having garage sales, and I love getting rid of stuff. But at the same time, I'm a bit sentimental when it comes to hanging on to some things.

Tonight I went through a box of my old school papers and things my mom kept for me. I found some of my first reading books. Audrey really liked those a lot! She sat and "read" them for a long time.

While she was reading the books, I found a bunch of old journals. I kept a personal journal all the way through high school and college. That's a habit that I have kind of given up in my adult life, but I think this blog counts for something! I also found a bunch of required journal entries from a writing class I took my senior year. It was very interesting to read my thoughts from high school. While I am sure there are parts of me that are still the same, I feel like a completely different person living in a completely different world now. I just had to laugh at myself and all the silly things that I wrote about! I'm sure in 10 more years I will look back on all these blog entries and laugh at myself for all the silly things I wrote about here!

And here's a bonus picture of Audrey wearing my hat that we also found in the basement!




0 comments:

Post a Comment