Friday, January 28, 2011

January 28

Since the new year, we have been trying to eat a bit healthier around here. Daniel is trying to lose some weight, so he's been watching calories. I'm obviously not trying to lose weight, but I'm also trying a little to make the calories that I do eat more healthy. I have been making more meals from scratch and using less processed foods. It makes me feel a little healthier when I know exactly what is in the foods we are eating.

Tonight I made homemade pizza. It's not a super low calorie meal, but it is healthier than what we would get if we ordered delivery pizza. I tried out a new pizza dough recipe. I have had a couple of bad experiences with making homemade doughs in the past, and it's been a few years since I've been brave enough to attempt a dough from scratch. But this whole wheat pizza dough was SO easy. I had no trouble at all working with the dough or rolling it out. I'm feeling brave now and might have to try some homemade bread or rolls next!

And the pizza was delicious! The recipe made one big and thick pizza. It gives the option of splitting the dough in half to make two thin crust pizzas, and I think next I might try that next time. I will definitely use this recipe again though! It makes me so happy when I try a new recipe, and it actually turns out good!!




0 comments:

Post a Comment