Wednesday, January 26, 2011

January 26

For our "B" activity today, we made a beach for Audrey! We're going to Florida (and the beach) soon, so we've been talking about the beach some lately. Today I put some sand, seashells and blue glass stones in a big bowl for her. I also gave her some measuring cups, bowls and a funnel. I had a feeling that she would like this activity, but I had no idea just HOW much she was going to enjoy it.

She used the measuring cups to move the sand and shells out of the big red bowl...


And into the smaller bowls...
Over and over and over again. When she emptied all the sand out of the red bowl, then I would pour it all back in the red bowl, and she would do it all again...and again...and again...for an hour and 15 minutes! She only stopped because it was time for lunch and we made her stop to eat. Then after lunch I let her play for another 30 minutes before I made her stop for a nap.

She was so concentrated on moving that sand; it was hilarious! I have never seen her focused on anything for that long at a time. We will definitely be playing with the "beach" more as the week goes on!




0 comments:

Post a Comment