Tuesday, January 18, 2011

January 18

With all the special activities we did around Christmas, I discovered that Audrey really likes to make crafts. So one of my new year's resolutions is to do more crafty things with her at home. After all, I like crafts too...so it makes sense that we should create things together. I thought it would be fun to center our crafts/activities around a theme, so I'm planning to do a Letter of the Week theme this year.

I'd love to be as creative and crafty as this mom, who not only comes up with amazing themes and adorable crafts but also takes gorgeous photos of everything they do. I am not nearly as organized, creative, motivated or amazing as that mom, so our activities will probably never be all that exciting. And I seriously doubt that we will do this every single week. But for those weeks when we don't have a lot going on and I'm feeling ambitious, it will give us something fun to do.

So we began today with this alligator A. Audrey really liked it, especially putting on the foam "teeth" stickers and gluing on the eyes. We had to glue some more eyes on a piece of scrap paper because I wouldn't let her put more than 2 eyes on her alligator!
Toddler Bed update: Audrey has been doing really well sleeping in her bed, until this morning at about 6:30 am...when she fell out! She likes to put her head at the end opposite the rails, so the rails don't do much to keep her in the bed. I think she was starting to wake up when she fell out, but it must have scared her. This afternoon, she did not want to go in her bed. Nap time started with her getting out of bed and kicking and screaming at her door. I went back up, helped her to calm down back in bed, left the room, and she went to sleep by herself. Two hours later, she is still sleeping! So it was a bit of a power struggle, but Mommy and Daddy won in the end!




0 comments:

Post a Comment