Tuesday, January 11, 2011

January 11

A Photo a Day doesn't seem like a very good title for this blog anymore. Yesterday, I only posted videos. And today I have much more than one picture to post. But it's my blog, so I say I can post whatever I want! =)
This morning, I babysat Elliot for a little while. I'm always nervous about having kids over to our house, because Audrey is sometimes not very nice when it comes to sharing her toys...especially the new toys that she just got for Christmas. But she did great today. She was very nice to Elliot; she even willingly gave him her toys a few times! Maybe she is starting to learn how this sharing thing works after all.

It's funny how the two of them respond to each other. Audrey took a drink of milk, so Elliot wanted to take a drink of milk too. Elliot would dance, and then Audrey would want to dance too. Audrey would laugh at something, making Elliot laugh too. Elliot would make a funny noise, then Audrey would make the same noise too. In the pictures below, Audrey was laying down on the floor pretending to be asleep, so Elliot came down and joined her. And then when I was trying to get them to smile for the camera, Audrey started sticking her arms out and waving them around, so of course, Elliot had to raise his arms up too!

Taking these pictures today, reminded me of another time when I babysat Elliot and Audrey...back when Audrey was 10 months and Elliot was 7 months. Aw, look at how much they have grown up!
And finally, we got some more snow today. Even though I'm not a big fan of the snow or cold, I didn't want to deprive Audrey of the experience of playing in the snow just because I am a wimp. So we got her all bundled up in her boots and hat and coat and gloves (none of which match!) and headed out in the snow. Audrey is a bit prissy, so I had a feeling she wasn't really going to enjoy it. But I tried to make it sound fun and exciting for her, and she was ready to go "pay in the toe", as she says it.While walking on the shoveled sidewalk, Audrey got a bit of snow on her boot. And then she wanted a towel to clean off the snow! I knew then that playing in the snow probably wasn't going to happen. I did get her to walk into the snow. She stopped to look at me and say cheese, but she was much more interested in finding a towel to wipe the snow off her boots than she was in playing or making a snowman with me.

We will have to get the sled out soon and see if she likes riding in the snow better than walking in it! Her boots will hopefully stay clean in the sled!




0 comments:

Post a Comment