Wednesday, June 2, 2010

June 2

Audrey seems to be better. I don't think she had a fever at all today, and she is acting and looking like normal. And that's a good thing, because I needed her to be my model tonight while I took a few pictures with my new camera lens! It's not my lens to keep; I'm just renting it for a week. I am doing a photo shoot for my friend's family, so I decided to splurge and borrow a nicer lens (in hopes of getting nicer looking pictures in return!).

So what's the difference between this $1000 lens that I am borrowing and the $100 lens that I own? I didn't have a lot of time to play around tonight, but I did take a few pictures and quickly noticed a big difference between the two lenses. First of all, this new lens can zoom in and out; my regular lens can't. Also, this lens focuses much quicker and easier than my regular lens. And finally, there is a definite difference in the image sharpness. I took two pictures to demonstrate this. The picture on the top is with the nice borrowed lens. The picture on the bottom is with my regular little lens.























I took both of these pictures with the exact same settings on my camera. And I didn't do any editing afterwards. If you don't notice the difference right away, look at the trees and houses in the background. Notice how the picture on the top has much more clarity and contrast than the picture on the bottom.

So that was my experiment for the night. I am hoping to experiment much more with this lens while I have it for the next week. If you live in the Springfield area and would like to loan me your child or family, I'd love to photograph them!!




0 comments:

Post a Comment