Friday, June 18, 2010

June 18

We decided this afternoon to take a little trip to St. Louis for the night and the day tomorrow. It's so unlike us to plan such a spur of the moment trip! But we don't have a big major vacation planned this summer, so I've been wanting to do some fun little trips. We pricelined a $40 room at the Millennium Hotel in downtown St. Louis. So we'll eat dinner, hang around downtown and go swimming at the hotel tonight. Then tomorrow we're going to take Audrey to The Magic House, which is a children's museum in St. Louis. We bought a children's museum pass last month, and we've only used it once so far. I want to get my money's worth out of it...I'm thinking we should plan our trips this summer around places that have children's museums!

Due to traffic and road construction, it took us a litte longer than expected to get to St. Louis. But we finally made it to the hotel and headed straight for the pool! The hotel had two pools, and we swam in the outdoor pool tonight. Audrey was so excited about the pool...and about the elevators and the escalators we took to get to the pool. The whole trip was worth seeing all of Audrey's excited faces tonight! I wish I had a video camera with me to better capture her joy. It was so adorable!




0 comments:

Post a Comment