Thursday, October 18, 2012

She's Walking, yet again! (And I think it's real this time!)

So I have posted video of Isla walking several times.  And every time I post it, the next day Isla goes on a walking strike and refuses to walk again.  I hope I am not jinxing myself by posting this tonight!

But I really think this might be the real deal this time.  Isla has been walking more and more this week.  She still prefers to hold onto a finger or scoot to get around, but she is much more willing to walk on her own than she ever has been in the past.   We have also caught her walking by herself when we are not paying attention.  Which means she is choosing on her own to walk rather than scoot, and that it is a big step in the right direction.

I remember Audrey falling flat on her face all the time when she was first learning how to walk.  Not Isla.  She is so cautious when she walks; I don't think she is ever going to fall. She takes such small steps, and if she ever feels like she is unbalanced, she either stops to catch her balance or sits herself down.  

Tonight, the girls were with me at church for a meeting.  I think Isla liked the wide open space (and probably the cheers and attention she got from everyone else) because she was walking ALL OVER THE PLACE!

We will go back to physical therapy on November 1.  Once Isla is walking more on her own, Shannon wants to observe her gait and make sure she is walking correctly.  I think she favors one leg more than the other (as you can see in the above video), but I'm hoping as she gets more practice walking, that will improve.






1 comments:

Julie Davison said...

She'll be running in no time!!

Post a Comment