Wednesday, October 10, 2012

October 10: Monster Day!

It's been a really long time since we have done any themed activities around here, so I figured it was time.  Just to change things up a bit and make things more interesting, for both me and the girls.  So, after checking out a couple of monster books at the library this week, I declared today:  Monster Day.  Our friend Elliot came over for the afternoon, so he got to enjoy some of the festivities with us.

For lunch, I made Audrey a monster peanut butter and jelly sandwich with monster eyed peas (inspired by this blog).  I didn't want to go to the grocery store, so I had to use whatever I could find in my kitchen.  I think my sandwich turned out looking more like a strange looking man than a monster, but I don't think Audrey cared too much.  She was still excited to eat it!
 
For a snack, I made Audrey and Elliot monster pudding (inspired by this Pinterest find).  I didn't have the right kind of cups, and I didn't have any oreos to put on top.  I found a few chocolate sprinkles to use on the top, but I didn't quite have enough to give the full effect.  But again, the kids didn't care about my imperfect monster pudding creation!

Audrey and Elliot also got to make their very own monster pet, using random craft supplies that we found in the basement.  I think these turned out pretty cute!  The green one is Elliot's, and he named it Aiden.  The pink one is Audrey's, and she named it Girl Aiden.  (so creative, I know!)

I didn't take any more pictures, but throughout the day, we also:





0 comments:

Post a Comment