Tuesday, October 9, 2012

October 9: Countdown to Audrey's Birthday

The countdown is on to Audrey's fourth birthday!

 
Audrey's friend Anna has a birthday this week, and my birthday is also this week.  With all the talk of birthdays, Audrey was feeling a little concerned that she was not going to get to have her birthday.  So we made another paper chain like last year to help her know how many days until her birthday.

It's no secret that I like to plan big parties.  And I have managed to share that love with Audrey.  She has been interested in helping me decide everything for this party. That girl loves birthdays and parties, and I'm afraid I have created a monster party planner in her!  She is now old enough to decide what kind of party she wants to have, and she chose a Rapunzel party this year.

I really want to try to stick with my budget for this party.  Actually, I really NEED to stick with my budget because money is tight around here these days.  My budget for birthday parties is between $250-$300.  I feel like that is a reasonable amount for a themed party with decorations, favors, dinner and dessert for 30 plus people.   I went a little over for Isla's party (closer to $375), mostly because I just wasn't paying attention to how much I was spending.

I am writing all of this not because I think you care, but because I need some accountability.  It would be so much fun to plan a party without thinking about costs, but that's not possible right now and probably not a very wise use of money.  So I'm posting my budget here, in the hopes that if I make it public, I will be more likely to stick to it!

Invitations:  $25
Decorations:  $75
Audrey's Rapunzel Costume:  $25 (which will also serve as her Halloween costume)
Favors: $40
Food:  $100
Games:  $25

TOTAL:  $290

My plan is to report back here about how much I spend in each category.  Then if I go over budget, you all have my permission to yell at me!








0 comments:

Post a Comment