Friday, January 6, 2012

January 6

It took her about two weeks, but I think Isla is just about over whatever virus she had. She has been sleeping all night again and napping better, and she is back to being extremely happy. All you have to do is look at her, and she will laugh and smile and get so excited. I love my happy girl!Check out the side of her head:The bulge that was on that side is almost completely gone. Isla has only been wearing this new helmet for a week, and it has been sporadic wearing. The helmet was leaving red marks on her head, so we had to very gradually ease her into this one. Yet, even with the limited wearing, those bulges are nearly gone already. I'm really impressed. Her head looks so good. We have another appointment next week, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we can begin to at least discuss a possible end date for the helmet!

We have been doing tummy time without the helmet, as I think the helmet makes it much harder for her to keep her head up for long periods of time. Our physical therapist thinks she might really take off rolling over and crawling once she is done with the helmet wearing. For now, she tolerates tummy time and even acts happy, as long as you keep her distracted with new toys and silly antics. As soon as you stop and she realizes she is on her tummy, she gets mad. It is tiring. But fortunately, Audrey is around to help me, and between the two of us, we can usually keep her happy for a while.
"Don't take too many pictures of me on my tummy, Mom. People might start to think that I actually like it."




0 comments:

Post a Comment