Thursday, December 23, 2010

December 23

So I'm getting a taste this week of what life is going to be like when baby #2 arrives! Oh boy, it's going to be interesting!

On one hand, Audrey is definitely going to make a good little helper. She likes to bring things to you and put things where they belong (especially dirty diapers!). Whenever you change a diaper or do anything with the baby, she wants to do the same thing with her baby doll and Minnie Mouse. Like today, when Aunt Elisabeth gave baby Josiah a sponge bath, Audrey wanted to give her baby and Minnie a sponge bath too. It is pretty cute.

On the other hand, Audrey has always been very clingy and possessive with me. She has never liked it when I hold other babies, and especially now in this very opinionated stage that she is in, she really does not like it when I hold baby Josiah. I tried to hold him for a few minutes today, and she FREAKED out! We're talking hysterical screaming here, all because I held the baby. We tried again later, after I talked to her about how I was going to hold Josiah and told her she could sit next to me and hold her baby too. And it worked a bit better the second time when she seemed to understand what was going on. She cried for a little bit but soon settled down and started playing beside me.

Oh dear Audrey Paige...you have no idea what is in store for you in just a few months. I do have an idea of what is in store for all of us, and I think I might need to start praying now for patience! =)




0 comments:

Post a Comment