Thursday, December 16, 2010

December 16

Oh my, what a day! I am completely worn out.

It was the last Sprouts day of 2010. And it was another good day for Audrey at Sprouts. She was being so nice to the other kids. Sharing toys and telling the other kids "hi" and "thank you". She normally doesn't want any other kids anywhere near her, so this new attitude was a welcome change.
Audrey got to make two crafts at Sprouts this morning: a candle (shown in the picture below) and a gift bag. She really enjoys crafts right now, and she was especially excited about this candle!

Santa also made an appearance at Sprouts today! Audrey didn't pose quite as well with him this time, but she was still excited to get to sit on Santa's lap again. And after seeing Santa, she got to eat a cookie, which was the real highlight of the morning.
I had a Christmas recital with my piano students tonight. In September, it always sounds like a good, fun idea to plan a Christmas recital...but when the time comes to actually do it, it's just a lot of work at a really busy time of year! I even played a song at this recital, which added to the stress of the day.

While I was prepping for the recital, Audrey got to go with the Lanters to a Christmas party at the Early Learning Center...where she got to make 3 more crafts!! She also got to decorate and eat a Christmas cookie. Then Lindsey brought her to the recital, where she sat and listened and clapped for everyone, before getting to eat yet another cookie. I'm surprised she went to sleep tonight after all the sweets she had today!

In the midst of everything else, I got my Nook in the mail today, thanks to an early Christmas present from my dad! I downloaded a couple of books this afternoon, but I didn't have much time at all. I'm so tired and icky feeling now, but I'm hoping to stay awake at least for a few more minutes so I can try it out. After I've had more time, I'll post a full review of what I think about this electronic reading device!




0 comments:

Post a Comment