Friday, December 17, 2010

December 17

So I've already reached the awkward stage of pregnancy where it is difficult to find clothes that will fit. My pants are getting too tight. I can rubberband them and they are wearable, but then I have to be sure that my shirts are long enough to cover up the fact that my pants are not completely fastened. It's getting harder to put together an outfit that I like and that is comfortable to wear.

At 13 weeks, I'm already looking like I did at about 20 weeks last time. It's a bit sad, but I know I was spoiled last time around because I really never got that big. And I know that many women start to show earlier with their 2nd child. I know this is normal. But it's still a bit stressful for me...I have about 186 days ahead of me where I need to find some sort of clothing to wear. And I prefer for that clothing to fit me and at least be somewhat in fashion.

My goal last pregnancy was to hold out on maternity clothes for as long as possible. And I made it for a pretty long time...I didn't have to seriously start wearing maternity clothes until I was 6-7 months, and even then I was still able to wear several of my regular shirts. I'd like to make that my goal this time, but it is going to be kind of tricky. But I hate maternity clothes; they are expensive and rarely do they fit in a flattering way. So I went shopping today to try to come up with an alternative...or at least something to buy me a couple more months of regular clothes-wearing!

And my solution: jeggings! They are jeans, but they are also leggings, hence the name "jeggings". I'm not sure if I am really able to pull off the jeggings. I kind of feel like a 30 year old trying to look like a teenager. But whether I can pull it off or not, it's going to be my new look. They are comfortable and stretchy, and they have a low rise, elastic waistband...so hopefully they will fit for a while longer still.
I really don't have money to be spending on clothes right now, but I am declaring this a fashion emergency! I think a couple more pairs of legging/jeggings, a few more long tunics or sweaters, and maybe a new pair of boots, and I just might make it through most of the winter without maternity clothes! (Unless my faithful blog readers see these pictures and tell me that I am making a huge fashion mistake here. Then I will listen to all of your sound advice and seek another solution to my clothing dilemma!).




0 comments:

Post a Comment