Wednesday, December 22, 2010

December 22

Audrey was in much better spirits today, so that was a good thing! We went to visit Great Grammy Lois and Aunt Nancy in Quincy. Nancy gave Audrey lots of special treats, and that kept her happy...as evidenced by her chocolate covered face in the picture below! Audrey did learn one new thing today that was NOT FUN! She fell asleep on the way home from Quincy, then woke up when we got here and was a total grump. I tried to put her back down to sleep some more, but she kept telling me, "No, not tired!" So after a bunch of crying, I decided to give up on the idea of her getting any more nap time this afternoon.

But then at bedtime tonight, she remembered the whole "not tired" thing from this afternoon. And from the second I told her it was time to go to bed until I put her down in her bed, she kept crying and screaming "not tired, not tired". Fortunately, she only cried for about 2 minutes in her bed before settling down to sleep.

She has definitely become very opinionated about what she wants and doesn't want lately. I suppose it makes sense that she would be opinionated about bedtime as well. But, I miss my Audrey who would willingly skip off to bed whenever you told her it was time. I'm hoping this "not tired" thing is just a temporary phase and happy-to-go-to-sleep-anytime Audrey is back very soon!




0 comments:

Post a Comment