Wednesday, August 1, 2012

July 31: The Olympics!

I love the summer Olympics.  So much!  It's probably a good thing that they only come around once every four years because I spend way too much time watching all the events.  Swimming and gymnastics are my favorite events.  I also enjoy diving and track.  Plus, if I have enough free time, I will sit down and watch almost any event!

Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of free time right now, so I've only been able to record the prime time coverage and watch it late at night.  But it's still exciting.  I just have to be careful not to check any news source or social media during the afternoons and evenings so that nothing gets spoiled for me.  That is hard to do, and I have had several things spoiled for me this week.  It is a lot more fun to watch if you don't know who is going to win.

I have been encouraging Audrey to watch and love the Olympics too!  So far, she likes diving the most.  She has been acting out every single dive with the divers, like this:
Such talent!  Audrey has also learned how to do a somersault while watching Olympic coverage.  She calls it doing a flip.  I'm sensing a future Olympic gymnast here, don't you think?  =)

We were cheering for Team USA in the women's synchro springboard diving the other night.  The USA got a silver medal, and Audrey was so excited for them.  So I made her a silver medal of her own!








0 comments:

Post a Comment