Saturday, August 4, 2012

August 4: About my Absence...

I have not given up on this blog, I promise.  I just haven't posted much this week for a couple of reasons.

One, it's just busy around here.  Summer Fest, the elementary VBS at our church, starts on Monday night.  And I'm kind of in charge of it.  We decided to write our own VBS this year instead of buying a canned program.  We are pretty excited about what we have put together, but it's also a lot of work.  That has been consuming most of my free time lately.

The other reason I haven't posted much the past couple of days has to do with this giant bag of rice currently sitting in my dining room.
Two days ago it rained.  It hadn't rained at all in two months, so we were all pretty excited about the rain.  Until about one hour after the rain stopped.  It was then that I realized I had left my camera outside in the torrential downpour.  I ran out to get it right away, but after sitting in the rain for an hour and then sitting wet another hour, it obviously didn't work.

Rumor has it that covering the camera with rice might help to dry out any moisture inside the camera and help it to start working again.  So my camera is buried inside this bag and will remain there for a few more days.  I have little hope for its recovery after being water soaked for that long, but it's worth a try.

I'm not sure what we are going to do if the camera is ruined.  I'm trying not to think about that right now!!

I'll be back with an update about VBS and the camera in a couple of days.  Hopefully I will have good news to share about both!






0 comments:

Post a Comment