Saturday, August 18, 2012

August 18: Time with my Girls

This morning I took Audrey to the mall to go shopping.  It is not that unusual for us to go to the mall.  But it is kind of unusual to go to actually do some shopping!  Normally we just play and browse.

Here she is ready to go shopping with her purse and all!
Audrey did a great job, considering that I made her try on a ton of shoes and several pairs of jeans.  I had to resort to bribing her with a pretzel from Auntie Anne's during the shoe trying on process.  But other than that, she was a great shopper, and we had fun!  (The bribe wasn't necessarily all for Audrey...I wanted a pretzel too!)

Tonight, Audrey went to see Beauty and the Beast again with Daniel and his parents and his nephews.  So it was just me and Isla for the night.  I didn't really want to stay home, so we went out on the town, just the two of us.  

First we went to Barnes and Noble to look at some books.  Isla was immediately drawn to this book, Poke-a-Dot Old Macdonald's Farm.   I had never heard of these kinds of books before; there were little plastic dots all through the book.  I thought that they would make an animal sound or something when you pushed them, but they didn't.  It wasn't electronic or anything like that.  It was more of a popping sound, kind of like when you pop a bubble on bubble wrap. 
Anyway, I thought it was kind of lame, but Isla LOVED it!  I couldn't get her to look at any other book, she just wanted to point to the animals and pop all the bubbles over and over again.  It was quite entertaining!

After Barnes and Noble, we walked down the strip mall to Pet Smart to look at the animals.   Isla loves animals and animals sounds right now, so it was fun to see the cats, dogs, birds, fish, gerbils and guinea pigs.  I think the guinea pigs were her favorite.

It is a lot of fun to be able to spend one on one time with my girls!!







0 comments:

Post a Comment